After watching Season 1 of “Arrested Development,” I’ve learned a few essential lessons I’d like to share:
- Hermano means brother in Spanish.
- There’s always money in the banana stand.
- When given the choice between a trip to South America and the chance to expose your mother as a liar, blow the lid off that ish.
- You can avoid being punched by dropping immediately into the fetal position.
- A sure-fire way to get even with your parent is to date his/her best friend.
- Ahn-Nyeong means hello in Korean.
- A Segway is a perfectly respectable mode of transportation.
- Breakfast is always the most important thing in a family.
- B.S. is a fatal disease, because it’s B.S.
- When in doubt, just threaten to sue.
Dedicating a portion of my summer to catching up on “Arrested Development,” “Parenthood,” and maybe others,