Revamping a Childhood Favorite

At the KU’s Jayhawker Towers, I have the privilege of working with some very spirited folk. At the top of the list is Natalie Jones, desk assistant extraordinaire! Her passion for The Everyday Holiday puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. Almost daily, Natalie asks, “What’s today’s holiday, Kelsey?” Although the question sometimes catches me off guard, it serves as a personal reminder to be bold. Be original. Be joyful. My holiday high of the week happened to involve my number-one fan, Natalie. Check out our version of “Mule Day”:

Yes, we discarded the donkey for “Pin the Tail on the Mule.” How else would one celebrate such a day? Perhaps, one day I’ll mount a mule and celebrate October 25th with a glorious gallup through fields of green, but not today. As the pictures indicate, I did win this mule duel, but my thanks to Natalie for going toe to toe with me.

Spreading the Holiday Love,

Kelsey

P.S.–Upcoming celebrations for those who care to know (a.k.a. my mother and Natalie):

• October 27: Separation of Church and State Day
  • October 28: Plush Animal Lover’s Day
  • October 29th: Hermit Day
  • October 30th: National Candy Corn Day
  • October 31st: National Magic Day (a.k.a. Halloween to the rest of the world)
  • November 1st: National Authors’ Day
  • November 2nd: Deviled Egg Day

6 Comments Add yours

1. Missy says:

i’d like to know what you are doing for Oct 27?

2. Mom says:

Going to celebrate October 30th with gusto, but dreading November 2nd…guess I could just “make” one and not “eat” one…

3. kelseyploeger says:

Ah, we actually talked about the political structure of organizations in class today. Someone mentioned how churches are even polarized. Holiday accomplished.

4. kelseyploeger says:

Haha…yeah, maybe we could alter deviled-egg day to just plain egg day?

5. Rachel Fritz says:

I totally have Oct. 29th down! I’m a secluded hermit almost every day! 🙂

1. kelseyploeger says:

Aw Rach…I will break you out of that come Christmas Break 🙂 I indeed celebrated today by diligently working on a paper…not ideal!